TEXTBOOK OF CARDIOLOGY (A CLINICAL & HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE) -Chopra
- ISBN 9789350900819
- Edition 1/e
- Publish Year 2013
- Pages 804
- Size 7" X 9"
- Cover Type Hard back
- With CD/DVD No
The book is organized into several sections dealing with clinical cardiology, noninvasive cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery and the future frontiers. The section on clinical cardiology begins with various chapters dealing with preventive, diagnostic and management aspects of coronary artery disease and myocardial infarction. Epidemiology and risk factors, such as diet, physical activity, tobacco use, obesity, stress, homocysteine, dyslipidemia and hypertension and their interrelationships are described. Management issues including the role of agents like aspirin, statins, polypill, nitrates, carotenoid lycopene, beta blockers and calcium-channel blockers. ACE inhibitors and ARBS are extensively discussed. Evolving concepts in acute coronary syndrome and medical management of acute myocardial infarction are also covered with a full discussion of anticoagulants and antithrombotic and antiplatelet agents. Next, various types of cardiomyopathies, myocarditis and pericarditis are delineated in detail as well as a full coverage of antiarrhythmic drugs. Other chapters cover various facets of cardiac syncope, sudden cardiac death and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. The pros and cons of the use of enhanced external counter pulsation technique are also given. Deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and newer therapies in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension are also covered. Other important chapters deal with rheumatic heart disease, cardiocutaneous diseases, congenital heart disease and cardiac rehabilitation.
• Published for the first time in the world with the unique feature of mingling various aspects of clinical cardiology with the historical perspective.
• More than 100 contributors from India and abroad have contributed in the book.
• Unique for enhancing knowledge and innovative potentials for undergraduates, postgraduates and practicing cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, pediatricians and pediatric surgeons, intensivist and physicians. Various components of the book include clinical cardiology, intervention cardiology, nonintensivist cardiology, cardiac surgery and future directions.
• Stimulates new ideas to promote research by creating useful protocols in cardiology. It can be used as a reference book in every library, hospitals, medical colleges and research institutions.
• Written in straight-forward, clear, lucid and easy to grasp language.
Compartir este producto
Más de esta colección
A Colour Atlas of Ileal Neovagina (Volume 33) Congenital Anomalies (Single Surgical Procedures in Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
A Colour Atlas of Longitudinal and Transverse Vaginal Septum (Volume 31). Single Surgical Procedures in Obstetrics and Gynaecology