ESSENTIAL OF BLOOD BANKING A HANDBOOK FOR STUDENTS OF BLOOD BANKING AND CLINICAL RESIDENTS -Mehdi
Publish Year 2013
Size 5.5" X 8.5"
Cover Type Paper Back
With CD/DVD No
Blood banking has come of age. The transfusion medicine is one of the thrust areas of medical research. The scare of transfusion-transmitted diseases and globalisation of AIDS have led to extraordinary media attention. The medicolegal aspects of blood banking act as a booster for maintaining quality and ensuring safety of blood. Majority of the blood banks in the developing countries have developed their component laboratories. The use of whole blood is minimised day-byday.
Almost all the departments of the hospital, surgical or non-surgical, hospital staff, medical or paramedical, and people in the form of patients or healthy blood donors come in contact of blood banks. The dissemination of knowledge of blood banking has become need of the hour.
• Thoroughly updated and revised
• Acts as a technical manual which is a very handy tool for carrying out day-to-day laboratory procedures
• Designed to impart basic concepts of blood banking without going into unnecessary details
• A must-buy for the clinicians who have to follow the proper guidelines for the usage of blood and its components, and the complications of transfusion
• An easily-carried handbook of the residents for on-the-spot consultation while advising transfusion therapy.