CLINICAL FOCUS SERIES: LESIONS OF SARCOIDOSIS -A PROBLEM SOLVING APPROACH -Sharma
- ISBN: 9789350904237
- Edition: 1/e
- Publish Year: 2014
- Pages: 200
- Size: 6.5" X 9"
- Cover Type: Paper Back
- With CD/DVD: No
- Weight (Grams): 365
Sarcoidosis is a multisystem granulomatous disease of unknown cause and unpredictable course. Since the first description of the mysterious skin lesions of Lady Mortimer by Jonathan Hutchinson, more than one century ago, sarcoidosis remains a puzzling disease in many aspects. Although remarkable advances in investigations of etiology, pathogenesis, and management of sarcoidosis have been made, it still remains inexplicable in many clinical points.
The book “Lesions of Sarcoidosis: A Problem Solving Approach“ is the last one written by Professor Sharma. His original idea was that this book would be of use not only to pulmonologists and internists, but also for practitioners of other specialists because of multisystem nature of sarcoidosis.
Professor Sharma sincerely hoped that this book should be a picturesque guide for all doctors who ever intended to explore numerous manifestations of this mysterious disease. The main purpose of the book is to provide medical fraternity a comprehensive review of possible clinical presentations of sarcoidosis.
The book provides up to date picturesque guidance through many lesions of sarcoidosis. This is a clinical book for trainees, general practitioners, internists, other specialist, and medical students as well. The original idea of the first author, Late Professor Om P Sharma was to create a book with problem solving approach to sarcoidosis.
• Chapters are easily readable, contain explanatory image (s) of the lesions, X-rays/CT films, histological images, table of differential diagnosis, and brief clinical importance
• Chapters are devoted to common lesions of sarcoidosis including erythema nodosum, lupus pernio, facial palsy, heart block, splenomegaly, peripheral lymphadenopathy, hilar adenopathy, hypercalcemia, heart block, and many others
• Each chapter provides practical approach to solve complex puzzles of usual and unusual complications of sarcoidosis-a mysterious multisystem disease
• The description of possible lesions of sarcoidosis provides significant information useful at the bedside of the sarcoidosis patient
• Easy to read narratives consist of definition of the lesion, historical account, clinical and histological description of the lesion, differential diagnosis, and treatment
• Each chapter is enhanced with tables, simple algorithms, and clinical images of the lesions
• The book is unique, the last one Professor Om P Sharma, the renaissance man, wrote